We offer many ways to help families personalize and customize a funeral or memorial service. Personalization not only provides a special way to remember a loved one, it also allows those present to participate in the ceremony. In addition to some of our Personalizing Services presented below, we welcome the opportunity to discuss other options as well to assist you in creating a truly memorable service.
Hold a reception
• Hold your event before or after a gathering, visitation, memorial service or funeral. You can choose a reception even if you forego a service.
• We will gladly help arrange a reception at Cramer Mountain Country Club, City Club of Gastonia, or a location that suits your needs.
A display of photographs rekindles memories and stimulates people to reminisce, share a story or even a laugh. A framed portrait can be displayed during visitation, service and/or at home.
We can help:
- provide picture boards to display your photographs during visitation or before the service
- we then place your completed collage in poster sized, glass frames and place them on easels
- restoration, and editing of photos available
- enlargement and printing of photos available
Use photos in DVD tributes
• A tribute on DVD prompts conversation about good memories and special times shared. We encourage families and friends to gather photos and use a tribute on DVD during visitation hours or services in our chapel. The production of photo-tributes on DVD is available within 24 hours
Use your photo & text to personalize memorial stationary
• McLean Funeral Directors offers a large selection of memorial stationery including: register books, bookmarks , service folders, prayer / religious cards, memory books for guests to leave their thoughts, memories, or other messages. In-house production and personalization of all items.
• What can I have printed? Add a photo of your loved one or other cherished photos, favorite verses or text of your choosing, themed stationary, service clubs, color or black and white, the choices are many
Use our state of the art video system (Gastonia location only)
• You are able to connect your laptop to our audio-video system and have your photos / presentation displayed during the visitation and/or the service on our projection screen.
• You are able to play tributes recorded on dvd or photos from a memory stick
Have the service video recorded
• DVD copies can be given to relatives and friends as a memorial gift and to people who were unable to attend the services. Eulogies, kind words, expressions of love, passages and musical selections can be captured during a service to create a last memento.
We can help:
• ceremonies and services can be recorded on DVD from the camera installed in our chapel
• when the service is held at a different location, McLean Funeral Directors can coordinate professional audio/video services.
• Adding the warm glow of candlelight is a way to create a calm and peaceful ambience before, during and after the ceremony.
• Our annual Memorial Service held near the holidays uses the warm glow of many differently shaped and sized candles to remember those who have passed away during that year.
• Personalization -some types of candles can be even personalized with the photo of your loved one, dates or even a poem.
Use a dove release
• If not practical due to seasonal conditions, we suggest that the release commemorate a special anniversary or event following the services. Ask one of our funeral directors.
• For millennia, the dove has been the symbol of the human soul. These elegant birds leap into the sky with energy and exuberance.
Use mementos and personal items
• We encourage families to display cherished mementos, collectibles and personal items that will evoke fond and pleasant memories of the unique person he or she was.
• Families may supply their own music or are welcome to choose from the McLean Funeral Directors music library.
• Live music -We also offer the option of live music. Our extensive list of talented musicians includes quartets, vocalists, bagpipers and other instrumentalists.
Use the web
• Distant relatives and friends are now able to read on-line condolences left by family and friends
• View photographs and read the obituary or death notice
• Write condolences and recollections to the family
• Send flowers, memorials and giftbaskets
• Our Service Desk offers information on lodging, car services, local restaurants, weather forcasts and local resources